skip to Main Content

Are you the parent of a Costa Rican citizen? If so, you may qualify for the category Residency for Parents. Keep in mind that your name must be on the child’s Birth Certificate (on record at the Civil Registry). By the way, other children under 18 who are not Costa Rican citizens are eligible for residency as dependents.

The opposite situation – was your child born outside of Costa Rica to one of the Costa Rican parents? You can apply for your child’s Naturalization. We can assist you in your child registered with the Costa Rican Civil Registry. 

Click HERE to get detailed information about this.



• Being named as a parent on the birth certificate of your Costa Rican child. 



• Permanent residency category for parents of Costa Rican citizens;
• Can claim dependents under 18 years of age;
• Can work as an employee or independent worker;
• Can own a company and receive dividends.



  1. Criminal Background Check;
  2. Birth Certificate;
  3. Application Form and Cover Letter (we will complete this for you);
  4. Fingerprints (we can assist you with this);
  5. Certified Copy of the passport (we will do this for you);
  6. Consular Registration (we take care of this);
  7. Eight passport size photographs (completed when you visit our office);
  8. Marriage Certificate (if applicable).

* – All the documents should be apostilled in your country of origin (if your home country is not part of the Apostille Convention, the documents should be authenticated or legalized in the Embassy of Costa Rica in your country of origin).

$1500 – Primary Applicant (PR)
$ 800 – Spouse (SP)
$ 400 – Per Child (CH)

Payable in 2 installments (pay in full and ask for a discount)


$750(PR), $400(SP), $200(CH)
To complete and submit residency case file to Immigration




Apart from our service fees, please keep in mind that there will be Government Fees and expenses (such as translations into Spanish, Change of Status fee, Application fee, Local Fingerprints Appointment fee, ID card – DIMEX, Guarantee Deposit, Caja Registration).
For the details, click HERE

*Taxes are not included in the price
*All prices subject to change without notice


To point out, you have 90 days to submit all required documents to Immigration (DGME) once an application case file is opened. Let’s say a residency applicant has difficulties obtaining documents within the allotted 90-day period, and we can help. In this case, CRIE can request an extension of time to submit the documents (at the cost of $100.00 US, per time extension request).


If we need to submit a time extension request on your behalf, you must pay for it promptly or risk having your case file thrown out by Immigration (DGME).

Back To Top
×Close search